Three Decades of Higher Education Excellence Through Collaboration
Advanced Faculty Academy
The Advanced Faculty Academy was developed by a Governors State University DNP student as her capstone experience and is targeted as a professional development opportunity for nursing faculty with five or more years of full-time teaching experience at associate, baccalaureate and graduate nursing programs. Presenters for this one-day academy are senior faculty selected from members’ schools of nursing.
The Academy helps educators look for connections and build bridges between theory and practice as well as share knowledge within collaborative groups of nurse faculty.
Topics covered include:
- Building critical thinking skills by using evidence-based practice
- Bridging the technology gap
- Legal issues in nursing education
- Test evaluation and learning
- Multi-generational considerations in nursing education
- Mentoring new faculty